Learning to ask great questions instead of giving our employees our answers, will create an innovative and high-performing team.
Jesus asked his disciples no less than 117 recorded questions in his three years on earth. Ever wonder why?
He was teaching them how to become the future leaders of Hid church.
By asking questions instead of giving answers, like Jesus, we can help teach our employees the critical thinking skills to discover their purpose.
Here is a brief list of questions you can use during your next One-On-One time:
These are three great questions for kickoff off a new employee relationship…or even if you want to get an idea of where they are at in general.
- #1 – What is one thing you are regularly doing that doesn’t support your current ambitions?
- #2 – How would your overall effectiveness be transformed if you changed this behavior right now?
- #3 – What can be your first step, a small step, that is meaningful and achievable?
These are great questions to use during your monthly one-on-one as a way of helping them think through their own productivity
- What didn’t work well for you last month that you want to stop doing this month?
- What didn’t you do last month that you want to start doing this month?
- What worked well for you last month that you want to continue doing this month?
General Questions to Help Achieve a Mind Shift
Determining the right times to ask the following questions takes practice and skill. It can be learned, however, and when you do, the excitement you help create in your employees is amazing. Keep these questions handy during your one-on-one times and practice them whenever possible.
- If you knew you couldn’t fail, what would you attempt to do this week/month/year?
- What’s been getting in your way?
- What’s the benefit of this problem?
- What’s stopping you?
- How can you find out?
- What does this mean to you?
- How would you like it to be?
- What rules have you created that are blocking you right now?
- If you change your belief about this, what would be possible?
- What will you have to give up in order to make room for this new goal?
- How can you address this situation so that it never comes back?
- Which step could you take that would make the biggest difference right now?
- What are you willing to do to improve this situation?
- How can you enjoy the process of resolving this situation?
- What will your impact be 10 years from now?
- How will you transform your life with this new knowledge?
- How can get better results next time?
- What could you be happy about if you chose to be?
- What’s great about your life right now?
- If this weakness were also a strength, what would that strength be?
If you want some help creating more great questions, use the Contact page to connect with me.
Consider becoming a Motivationeer® Member Today
With Membership (Detailed Below) You Have Access to a Wealth of Coaching, Right Now, With More Added All the Time
…for only $35 per year
For Just $35 per year you will receive:
4-Part Christian Coaching Video Series
Class 1 – Why Coaching Works and How it Works: (How to align God’s plan with your purpose for righteous career ambition and success)
Class 2 – How to Coach Yourself to a Career Breakthrough (using powerful and effectiveness techniques to shift your thinking in the moment and react like Christ in tough situations)
Class 3 – How to Manage Career-Crippling Stress -plus- Coaching Advice for Actual Career Limiting Situations
Class 4 – Three Key Factors to Career Success – Deep dive into using Performance, Image and exposure to explode your career growth and drastically increase your earnings potential
Workshop 1 – New England Christian Conference: Everything is Possible with Your Career
Workshop 2 – Simplify Your Life: How to Achieve a Righteous and Successful Career Balance
Workshop 3 – The Real Secret: The Truth About the Law of Attraction
Workshop 4 – REACH Christian Conference 2016
Video Blog Shorts
5 to 15 -Minute Video Blogs focused on all-things pertaining to your career including:
– Team Efficiency and Managing Waste
– Masterfully Managing Scope Creep
– A Powerful Communication Model
– Performance Management and Work Prioritization
– The Immutable Law of Labor
– Taking a Stand at Work
– Expand My Land or Sell It
– Is Prayer Enough for a Successful Career?
– Tactical vs Strategic Thinking for Career Growth
And many more…
(…it’s just $35 per year)
52 Weeks of Inspiration
This is a collection of all 52 Weeks of Inspiration in one place at one time…so you can access it quickly and immediately. Instead of receiving one new email each week, you can read through the content at your own pace and the order you like.
These are the tools I use with every executive I coach. I took the industry leading leadership tools and built them into Adobe PDF templates and forms. Here is a list of some of the tools you can access today if you are a Motivationeer™ Member:
30, 60, 90 Day Template
Action Priority Worksheet
Career Search Basics
Career Wheel Worksheet
Executive Presence Worksheet
Future You Worksheet
Leadership Wheel Worksheet
Life Wheel Worksheet
Oxford Happiness Questionnaire
Pain Gain Model of Decision Making
Performance Potential Matrix
Swot Analysis Worksheet
Thought-Tuning™ Guide eBook
Values Assessment Worksheet
Weighted Decision matrix
…with new tools added regularly!
(yep, only $35 per year)